Monday, April 14, 2008

Dream, dream, dream

Someday, when I am in heaven, I intend to have a little chat about the whole dream thing. Last night- I had some CRAZY dreams. Most of them I can't remember, but one of them involves a little girl named Aria- daughter of friends of ours. Aria is 4-5ish. She is GORGEOUS. I love to look at this little girl, and it's not just because she is pretty- which she is, but there is something about her.... She has dark hair and eyes, she's feminine but not prissy. She seems to be very certain who she is- at least during the encounters I have had with her. She is very genuinely her- no airs, no self-consciousness- just wonderful, beautiful her.

So anyway- last night I have this dream about her. It's HILARIOUS. I am with her. For some reason, she is temporarily in my care. We are standing in a very crowded place with lots of people milling about, hence, I have her very firmly by the hand. We are standing about 10-15 feet away from some bathrooms. We stand there for a few minutes as several men enter the men's room. All of a sudden, Aria jerks away from me and starts booking it toward the men's room. I yell, "Aria! Wait!" But she runs on, very determined and yells back,

"I'VE GOT TO TELL THEM ABOUT JESUS!"

And then she disappears into the men's room.

I FREAK OUT. Seriously. FREAK OUT. In a split second, all of the following goes through my mind:
"OHMIGOSH! OHMIGOSH! She can't go in there! It's the men's room! She's LITTLE! There are A LOT OF GUYS in there! Their willies will be out! She can't see that! I need to go in there and get her! I can't- I can't see that! But it's more important she doesn't see that! What do I do? What do I do?"

Seriously freaking out. I look around, my husband is nowhere to be found- everyone is a stranger- then I see our friend Jeff way across the room and I yell,
"JEEEEFFFFFFF!!!"
Wisely, Jeff senses the panic in my eyes and voice, I point towards the men's room, "Aria is in there!" He heads in.

I wake up.

What the heck?

2 comments:

Vintage Racer said...

You really gotta leave that late night pizza alone!!

Cassie said...

Hmmm. I love a good puzzle!

How 'bout this: Aria is going to be a missionary and will go boldly where God wants her to without regard for personal safety. You will have to let her go. However, God will not leave her alone. There will be others to watch over her. You have to trust God (not that Jeff is God, but you get what I mean) :)

How's that? BTW, welcome home. Missed you! How's the sunburn?