Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ho hum.

Well. What to say. Not much going on here. But I think that's okay. It's nice not going a kabillion miles an hour and have something happening EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY for a change.

We opened Doubt last week, it's getting great reviews, but not selling so hot. I think we'll see the trickle down effect of the economy at the theatre this year. I am also starting research for Big River and we'll start the next show (which has a guest designer) next week. I'm using the "down" time to catch up on projects I never have time to do around the shop- so far, I have purged wigs (thrilling) and patterns and have reorganized all the make-up and hair bobbery. Tomorrow, I am purging and reorganizing the craft shelf and maybe the fabric. WOW. I tell you, theatre is ALL about the GLAMOUR and the MONEY.

We saw Cabaret at the 5th this week. It was....very red. I enjoyed it- but I felt it was very surface-y in some ways- I felt it could have gone deeper, but I still enjoyed it. The "emcee" was a hoot!

I read the New York Times everyday online- about the economy, the presential race, the state of life, men's fashion, Patti Lupone on Broadway- and I really wonder...what the heck is going on? I feel like the world is going kablooey. But God is good all the time. And I am very certain that Patti totally ROCKS Mama Rose.

It's spring. It was a beautiful day today- I highly enjoyed my walk home and the daffodils are out, the tulips are starting...I just loooooovvvveeee flowers. I am very much looking forward to setting up "my room" on the porch when we get back from Florida. Of course, Marty is VERY welcome out there- but he's not good at tuning out the traffic. But I love to sit out there and Mickey loves to join me. So this year, I'll plant green beans, peppers, tomatoes and herbs. I have decided to do more flowers this year. Sadly, the obese mouse has returned and will have to be trapped, all the decorative cabbages had grown back and then we had a cold snap- and now, they are stalks. At least I won't feel bad getting rid of the cabbages now- I am a sucker for a comeback. The mouse will have to go before we plant the veggies though. I hate that- wish we could all live together in peace...but..... Anyhoo, when we get back from vacation, I will put out the indoor/outdoor carpet, the plants...it will be delightful. I just love to sit out there and read. I pretty much read the entire Harry Potter series out there last year. Don't know what I'll read this summer.

Other than that-I have been missing Max deeply lately. It's been hitting me hard- he'll be gone 3 weeks tomorrow- it feels like yesterday and forever ago all at the same time. I guess it's really sinking in for me that he's really, truly gone. It sucks.

Lots going on at our church with all the changes and such. We're gearing up for Pentecost....I'm looking forward to it- I think something is going to shift- there will be a release, I hope, of God's spirit. People are hungry for it and God is faithful...we'll see how it goes.

I am looking forward to vacation. Hopefully, the weather will be nice. We plan to take a sunset dolphin cruise and do some shopping and chilling out at the beach! WHOO HOO!

Enough rambling for now. Life just goes on.....

No comments: