Friday, May 09, 2008

Yes, Virginia, there is a Sarah....

I know. It's been many moons since I have blogged, and I suspect this one will be short. I just haven't felt like sharing all the kabillion things that have been going on, or I've been spending too much time doing the kabillion things...or I've been playing on Facebook, take your pick. : )

I loved my vacation- and would like another one. I got some sun and am currently peeling. (Delightful) I enjoyed meeting about 900 people (okay- more like 100- but it felt like 900, most of them cousins) I forgot how much I love Florida, particularly Pensacola. I liked hanging out with the Gordon clan. I am fascinated by Uncle Terry's house. Seriously, THREE houses FULL of massive amounts of antiques and "treasures." As a former "Merry Maid," it makes me shiver. And that doesn't include the rest of the "estate" that has a really beat up single wide (to be made into a playhouse...perhaps...never, it made Aunt Jody cry when it made an appearance) and another single wide that is actually livable, there is a full scale antique playground with all the equipment, a couple of full outbuildings, a swimming hole with a sunken boat and full of tires, a swimming hole that looks like you can swim in it- with a cool slide...It was a little overwhelming. I kept thinking, if they would purge and finish project and tidy up a bit- Country Living would be chomping at the bit to do a spread. But really, like Marty said, it's Florida- who needs 140 quilts?
I will share more about the trip as I feel inspired. But I had a great time and it was VERY difficult to come home.

It was probably so difficult because we really hit the ground running. I had to strike Doubt, we start dress rehearsals for Over the River tonight, and I am interviewing stitchers and interns and trying to design Big River (which is a logistical monster). I am wore out and need another vacation. I started back to work the day after we got home, and due to some church events and company, haven't really had any downtime since. The results of which- I have no idea what day it is at any given time. No sense of time whatsoever. Yikes. I do take momentary mental breaks. I read the New York Times business, opinion and style sections- I get depressed, so I go read the Go Fug Yourself website, which makes me feel like an unclassy american, and then I discovered this! http://www.kickette.com/index.php?/site/C30/ The KICKETTE website, which is British and devoted to "Footballers and their Wives and Girlfriends"- suddenly, I feel ever so classy. Wow. It's a hoot and a half. I don't even know who most of these folks are, but YIKES. It's a lesson in keeping priorities straight. And I have become convinced that the reason Victoria Beckham (aka Posh Spice) looks so hacked off all the time is that she is probably hungry. Good heavens! Give that woman some french fries!

And on top of all this "stuff" that really does not matter in the grand scheme of eternity, God is working on some "stuff" that does matter in the grand scheme of eternity. Daily, I pray for balance and that I can learn what I need to learn and be in God's flow of what He is doing.
TTFN

No comments: