Friday, May 30, 2008

I got nothing....

....in mind for a witty title for this blog. Sorry.

Just a quick check in for those of you checking in. The new bed ROCKS. Love it! Still need the comforter set of our dreams, but we're all sleeping better.

I had to put down Grand Theft Jesus. Dude kinda went off the deep end a bit. He still had valid things to say-but I was just getting WAY depressed reading the book. If you're up for it- I would still recommend it. I think the CHURCH needs to relook at itself and behave more like the Bride than the Mistress, if you know what I mean. I am still studying the red letters. I have been praying and worshipping a lot lately, and praying about worship, and worshipping while praying... I sense a theme.

I still feel a heaviness about the grand scheme of eternity that hasn't lifted yet. Not sure what that's all about yet. Will keep praying and worshipping.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by Big River. The sheer volume is unnerving. I think we will hit our "ceiling" on this one. One of the big issues I am concerned about is space, rack space, dressing room space. One of our goals is to take care of people and if 20 people are crammed into a space that 12 feel tight in.... I also don't know that I made the budget big enough. I guess we will find out. On the up side, I have one of the best construction crews we have ever had, so I am excited about that. And I think it should look pretty good...we will keep you posted.

I don't have much of a weekend, I have to dress both shows tomorrow. I will be taking Sunday off since next week will begin the build and the hilarity/madness will ensue. Just like Theoden in Two Towers, I stand on the wall of Helm's Deep thinking, "And so it begins."

Yikes.

1 comment:

greg varney said...

"look out for me, oh muddy waters..."

i get that song in my head every time i pass over a river-spanning bridge.