Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Waiting

For something. I don't know what. I am waiting for God to move. I hear things about healings and revival...but I don't know. These things make me uneasy, and I can't explain why. I don't doubt anything God can do, but I am still waiting for the deep, deep move of God. The kind that changes hearts and lives in the longterm...which in itself, is a sign, a wonder...a miracle. And yet, I am also waiting for the lady in our church who believes she will walk during this lifetime to go on and get on up out of her wheelchair. I am waiting to know the truth about what God intends church to be. I am waiting to soak in God's presence once again in worship. I am waiting for the "Word" to our church that other intercessors seem to be hearing, but I do not. I am waiting for the children of God to come to a place of humility and repentance. I am waiting for revelation- I am waiting for something big- and I don't even know what it is. But the expectation is in me, making me restless... and uneasy. I don't know how to pray. I honor the prayer requests of friends, but I feel like there's something more, something deeper, something bigger....

As I wait, God is still working. I see Him working in the lives of friends who are discovering new relationships... I see Him disciplining His children. Myself included. And I wait. I wait and hope not to get overwhelmed with busy-ness. My work life will be insane for the next month or so and could consume me. I don't want that. I wait, and I long for a simpler life. I wait, and my heart longs for stillness while my mind longs to be diverted... I am just waiting....for Him.

1 comment:

greg varney said...

here's a song - a soundtrack for your season - check it out:

"you'll come" on the hillsong united album "the i heart revolution"

you can grab it on itunes, though the whole album is definitely worth it.

anyway, the song has been on repeat in my head and heart. it has such great lines as "surely as the sun will rise, you'll come to us - as certain as your word endures."