Friday, June 13, 2008

Brainfart of Epic Proportions...

.....I'd say one of the top three in my lifetime. I blew it. I got it in my head that BIG HONKIN' RIVER opens on July 18th- I was WRONGO- it opens on the 11th. Holy Crap. I just lost a whole week- do you know what that means in costume land? HOLY CRAP.

So, I am trying very hard not to panic. I have an amazing team of stitchers who are about to get a bit more work a bit sooner than they expected. I just thought we were doing well to head into first dress on the 11th- now it's on the 3rd. So- we will regroup on Monday and work the schedule again- thankfully, they are good and swift and want to work. I am so stupid. I can't believe I did this, seriously- I have NEVER EVER done anything quite like this before. I am in awe of myself. What an idiot. So...that being said, if you are a praying type- please pray for me- I need to be able to regroup and will probably have to put in a lot more hours myself in the next few weeks (not like I've been sitting around eating bon-bon's the past few weeks) and keep my own morale and the morale of my team up- and keep us from being completely overloaded. I think it's really hard because I already way underbudgeted labor on this one already and was already overwhelmed- and now...

I just feel soooo stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, sarah. this is beth emery, becca's sister. i know exactly what you're going through--i ran my costume shop for a couple of semesters and that's the craziest time of my life, i swear. i ended up kind of having a breakdown and had to quit. i couldn't handle the stress but it's still one of my most treasured memories; hand-dying curtains in the giant vat by *myself* and having them turn out brilliantly--so much so they used it for the opera we did. getting to design the prom scence for grease... ican look back now and be really greatful for that time, even if i did lose it. anyway. the real real reason i'm writing is about the frog's prince. we talked about you making a print of it, but i think you were in the finishing stretch of a particular show, so simply forgot about it. believe me, i *get* it. and i know you're gearing up to lose your mind again, but it thought i'd let you know that i *am* still interested.
i'm sorry you got mixed up on your days. tara (our brilliant designer) did this once and she spent the entire time pulling her hair out, all us worker bees avoiding her at all costs and yet the show turned out gorgeous and nobody went out naked. but i'll be praying for you, just the same.