Sunday, June 22, 2008

Big HONKIN' River...continues...

I feel like I am drowning in muddy waters. No, not really- I think it will be fine. But I am tired, it's an incredible amount of energy to expend to get this show up- I worked 50+ hours last week, and I think that's the shortest week I'll work for the next few weeks. It's just a huge show on all counts. If I can just take it day by day and not think about the amount of work that needs to happen in the next week and a half before 1st dress- it will be brilliant. And in three weeks, it will be up and running...huzzah. My parents are coming to visit the end of July and I already reserved good seats for them- I think it'll be a hot ticket...but beware- it's PG-13- there's cussing and the word "nigger" is used because we are trying to stay true to what Mark Twain intended with the story...

I think one of the funniest stories about this show came when I was returning the Doubt costumes to the Seattle Rep. The delightful Sarah- who is their rental person, asked me what show we were working on. I told her. She looked at me like I suddenly grew a second head and said, " Really? Are you doing it period?" I completely understand how she felt. We're substituting petticoats for hoop skirts so everyone will fit on the stage, but it is a really big show for our space. In fact, I am certain we will max out our space- rack space, the dressing rooms, the green room, the stage...but the cast is fun and all get along very well- so I am certain it will be fun times had by all....but if I'm not blogging...it's because I am swimming upstream in muddy waters....

No comments: