Wednesday, July 23, 2008

INCOMING!!!

Well...in less than 24 hours, my parents will have descended upon us. At this moment, I am hoping they are relaxing in Spokane- and will arrive here in Seattle- early afternoonish tomorrow. The house...is clean. We'll set up the air mattress tonight. The towels are out- interestingly enough, we have absolutely NO matching towels in the house. NONE. I thought I had a set of at least matching bath towels, but no... OY. So the mismatched guest towels are out- hey- they do the job! So the house is as ready as it will be. I had grand plans of great spring cleaning (I am telling you, company can be inspiring for around the house projects) But I am too dang tired! Marty helped and vacuumed and took out the recycling- but I just didn't have it in me for a big clean. So be it. There are more important things in life than a spotless house...it's clean enough. Tomorrow I will pick up Mickey's meds, do a little last minute grocery shopping and then RELAX for a few precious hours before it's all parents, all the time. They will be here until Tuesday. No big plans yet...thrift stores (they love Value Village) and the show, and dinner with cousin Margaret, hopefully a cruise...we will see how it goes.

Mickey spent the day at the vet with his Katie. Katie is one of my favorite techs at the vet- she is super nice and way fun and when Mickey isn't being poked and prodded, he LOVES her. However, today was not that day. He had a blood test. Then he's all matted up. As my friend Heather says, "Old long haired kitties get lumpy." He's lumpy...and bony...and skinny...and currently a bit crabby. I gave him some "tuna juice" from the can- so when he wakes, he'll probably be happier. Katie couldn't get all the knots (those armpits are a booger) but she got a lot- next time, we'll go after the rest. He's just not that into grooming, and doesn't like to be brushed...which means we'll get lots of lectures from my mom about when they had him, how she brushed him every day etc. etc...he may have put up with it from her- but not from us. So he'll start his normal round of chemo tomorrow. Sadly, he's losing weight- and starting to fail- but he still seems active and happy and is eating, sleeping (when he's not stomping on my head at 4 am) and pooping...so we just keep on keeping on.

Marty is at the vet...I mean, the doctor right now. He has a sinus infection- he's been gone awhile, so I am assuming that he has prescriptions to fill or more tests or whatever- he's been gone 2 hours. Good thing we're not emceeing the Greenwood Seafair Parade this year, it's already started and we would be LATE. I'm actually not sad to miss the parade...3 years was plenty. However "Huck" and "Jim" from Big River are the grand marshals- in full costume- so that's pretty neat.

And that's all the news for now. The black eye is now green and yellow and purple and absolutely GORGEOUS. I tell you, I feel FANTASTIC! NO ONE is prettier than I am right now!

TTFN

No comments: