Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 6....

Whew.
What a week.  Tech is always an adventure.  This one is exciting in that we are dealing with a bunch of make-up issues that we've never dealt with before that are VERY spendy.  Egad.  It costs a lot of time and money to make things look gross.  Hopefully, tonight, we'll have the best options working....we'll see...and I won't be a kajillion $$$ over budget....we'll see.  There is always one show every year that I totally under budget for...usually the "small" shows, that are never really that small.  I've learned a lot of cool make-up stuff... but it's been a bit stressful.

That being said- I can't really say that I have had a particularly enlightening holy week thus far.  14 hour days have a way of doing that to you.  I'm still having my quiet time, still praying...but no grand Holy week revelation...I'm tired (no caffiene during tech, remember?) and a  bit cranky (no sugar- aka my drug of choice) and just feeling like I have people coming at me every which way-as I am trying to figure out some of this stuff which is WAY beyond my experience or expertise...  At one point, I kid you not, I was on my work phone, I had a person in my office doing a rental, my cell phone was ringing, and I was trying to answer an urgent email that I had ignored.  I wish I could say I handled it all with grace and flair, but I would be lying.... It was more like, "WHAT THE CRAP??? Y'ALL JUST SHHHHHH.  I NEED TO THINK!!!"  I didn't yell that- but boy howdy, that's what I was thinking! OY vey.  Of course, as usual, these are terribly first world problems...but there you go.  Then there are the people showing up with returns and/or donations without an appointment in the middle of tech...And then you feel bad for being irritated because their lives are challenging as well.  Trying to walk in love is a booger sometimes, especially when faced with imperfect, broken, insecure people in trying situations...  sadly, it is less likely to bring out my inner loving Jesus than my inner loving kindergarten teacher who is more like, "TIME OUT.  On your knees!  Nose against the wall!"  For real, there were a few moments....

BUT I still have not cheated.   Which is HUGE for me.  For real.  Not a single tiny cheat, in the face of countless goodies surrounding me and the stress of tech. Grace for self-control for this eating thing this week abounds.  That in itself is kind of a miracle.  Somehow, I usually and unthinkingly pop a piece of candy in my mouth when doing one of these kind of things...but no, not this time.

Other foodie things I have learned:
Raw apples are so my friend.  I will not tell you why, but they are.
Avocados work pretty well as a mayo type condiment- on sandwiches, for egg salad...who knew?
Put a little chicken broth in quiche or scrambled eggs and they become quite creamy.
Sweet potato fries, 425 degrees, 15 minutes- 'nuff said.
I drink WAY more water when I straw is involved.

I think I will keep this "7" diet in my repertoire for the future, do it a few days before or after vacations- it's a great way to clean your system without going completely bananas.  And I still think about how I have variety in my seven foods, but so many other people in the world don't even have seven foods to even choose from.  It's pretty humbling.  Well that's all for now.  One and a half (ish) days to go!
Selah.

No comments: