Sunday, February 22, 2009

Will I remember?

"If it's bad art, it's bad religion, no matter how pious the subject."

Thank you, Madeline L'Engle!!! YOU ROCK! How do I miss you? Let me count the ways..... I know she's having a big time in heaven- and that makes me happy.

I picked up Walking on Water, Reflections on Faith and Art again this morning... while I may be discouraged with "church," I am not discouraged with God and have decided I need to pursue that which I know to be true. Sounds deep doesn't it? Actually, I have no idea what I am talking about- but, perhaps, in time. I do know that I am inspired again to make art- stay tuned...I am pretty excited.

Another thing from Ms. L'Engle to ponder:

One of the great sorrows which came to human beings when Adam and Eve left the garden was the loss of memory, memory of all that God's children are meant to be.

Will I remember?

1 comment:

becca said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. ;)