Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year!

Okay...so I am a little late in posting...but cut me some slack- it's been a busy month or so....

I'm recovering nicely from my gall bladder surgery. But I had a bit of an infection around one of the wounds and am on round two of antibiotics which should end Friday- so I STILL can't eat just anything I want....grrr..... so I plan to have lots of chocolate and dairy on Friday just because I CAN. I am happy to report I enjoyed our friends' New Year's Day prime rib feast with NO REPERCUSSIONS!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah! Pretty cool stuff. I have funny scars on my belly- but life goes on.

Work is...well, you guessed it...busy. So much for taking it easy. It's a little crazy for me since I have to keep reminding myself that I can't lift anything over 10-15 lbs. until the end of the month. I didn't realize how much heavy lifting I do in my job until now. I have to ask for help all the time- it's annoying. People are awesome in helping...but what a pain! Currently, we're working on Gee's Bend and it's going as well as can be expected...it dresses next Friday. Then we're on to Tuesdays with Morrie- which, to be honest, is actually finished pending fittings. I guess I'll spend the next couple of months doing a much needed purge and organize in stock. Whoo. The thrill. The glamour. THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT, PEOPLE! Wow.

I'm trying to get some new art done for a show that I'm doing with Marty in February- and then I have a piece I need to get done that has been ordered. So that's all the news on the art front.

On the spiritual front- I'm feeling a bit more like my fiesty self as of late. I don't know what that means- except that I'll probably make people feel a smidge uncomfortable. I'm trying to get back in the habit of reading my Bible again- I was a bit "lapsed"- to say the least- last year. I find myself tired of "polite prayer." Not sure what to do about that- or where it will lead- or what the heck. I don't know where I seem to be going- but I'm glad I'm moving again. As I look back on my history in church....ponder the days of being congregational, presbyterian, non-denominational- here in the states and overseas....I have always seemed to challenge the status quo. This little revelation came to me last month. I always question- and ask- but why are we doing it this way when the Bible says this??? I think I have made my peace with this. I guess I am "the voice in the wilderness- calling all the white elephants out!" The only thing is, I really need to constantly do that "log check" and make sure there isn't a log in MY eye. Sigh. Why me? Lord, give me courage and balance and wisdom and discernment. Wow. That got deep there for a minute. Yikes.

What is black and white and black and white and black and white and black and white?





A penguin falling down the stairs!

Thank you! Y'all have been a great audience! Have a good night!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Great to hear from you! Been missing you guys. Hope you're healing completely. It can be miserable to have things drag on. Thanks for your openness about your prayer life, etc. You challenge me.