Friday, September 29, 2006

Christmas time is here....

Well, we survived Arms and the Man. And after miles and miles of trim, the soldiers look Bulgarian and don't look like they are fighting the war of Northern Aggression. The show actually looks pretty darn good. And that, as Martha says, is a "good thing." I'd hate to have gone through all that drama and have it all look like crap. So the show is up and running and life goes on.

And how does life go on? Why, it's Christmas time again. Yep, not quite October and it's time to break out the Christmas music to "get in the mood." We had poster shoots for It's a Wonderful Life Radio Play this week and next week, the show loads into the shop. Costumes are designed, patterns are ordered- stitchers are scheduled. Ta da. I went shopping last week and found some fabu vintage ties in red and green, of course. I think this show will be quite fun- and a great deal less complicated than the last show. But that's probably good because there are FOUR touring shows that need to be put together at the same time. We're also remounting The Trial of Ebenezer Scrooge in Tacoma and just found out the lady who wears the most costumes dropped out. Not a problem except the director wants to cast someone half her size. Well, that just means a raise for me and that I will be "in tech" for about a month. Que sera, sera. I just love Doris Day.

I had visions of homemade Christmas gifts this year- but between all the shenanigans at work and the Christmas play at church- I am not sure that will happen. In the meantime, today is my day OFF and I really don't know what to do with myself. There are many projects that need doing, but somehow, I want to be a bum. Until next time...ttfn.

1 comment:

becca said...

I got to work in the costume shop in college. I have loved reading along in your uniform saga- it sounded a little too familiar... :) I'm glad it eventually worked out well.