Friday, September 26, 2008

ROBBED!

Yep. That's me. I've been robbed. The Secret Garden Bookstore just called me to inform me that someone walked off with a piece of my art. Apparently, this has never happened before. They will pay me for the piece and I suspect the Ballard Newspaper will be giving me a call....but...I've been robbed. It makes me feel...strange.

Just more evidence we live in a fallen world.

I think the piece that was stolen ("B" is for Butterfly) wasn't that expensive- maybe around $50-60....so you would think someone could afford it...but no...

I have to confess that my experience with this particular show hasn't been the best. They wanted me for the artwalk, but weren't actually OPEN for the artwalk...and then this. They are very kind and wonderful people- they are horrified and feel terrible about what happened. It's not them at all. And I just keep hearing "extend grace." That's what I heard when I found out that they wouldn't be open for the artwalk, "extend grace." And "extend grace" is what I hear now. They offered to take down my stuff and return it to me, but I told them it wasn't necessary, we could wait until the end of the show. It's odd. I think God is working something here, although I have NO idea what it could be- but I am choosing to trust Him. His ways aren't our ways, don't you know.

I sure hope whoever stole my art really enjoys it.

1 comment:

becca said...

OH, my. I am so sorry!
A friend of ours had stuff shoplifted this summer at Farmer's Market for the first time- she's been doing bazaars & FM for something like 20 years. She was shocked.
Most people don't lift stuff when it's someone's handwork. As opposed to someplace like Walmart.
I hope they really enjoy it...
I had a Bible stolen somewhere in FW- I thought, well, I hope they get something out of it!
But your art! Uggh.
Blecch.