Friday, April 28, 2006

Still Moving....

Well, the great mighty move across the hall continues. I spent the morning scrubbing the bathroom and working on the kitchen. The tiny old lady who used to live there wasn't very tall, and everything she couldn't reach is very dirty. Actually, things in general are quite grimy and taking a bit more scrubbing than anticipated at first glance. Thankfully it's just the bathroom and kitchen that need a good scrubbing and the bathroom is done. This is the part of the move that I DON'T enjoy. I am a bit overwhelmed in trying to keep up with all the paperwork of the move, legistics of dealing with the manager, calling everyone to get addresses changed, trying to get help with the move and whatnot. The physical moving is not a big deal- but I find all that legistical musical chairs very stressful and frustrating, especially since it usually involves spending several hours on the phone. I think it's harder this time- since it's been a whopping 10 days since we decided we were moving so everything has been a bit accelerated. So today, I need to get all the utilities moved and changed over and get the kitchen finished so that we can move in. I am feeling quite overwhelmed today. But I am sure it will be better tomorrow.

No comments: