Wednesday, February 01, 2006

And so it begins.....

My fiancee seems to love the blogging thing- so I thought I would give it a try and let the world see my own path unfold and unwind. I'm not really sure how all this works- but here's to giving it a go. So what is happening with me? I am getting married in 3 weeks and still have no flowers....and I'm stressed. I am tempted to hire a kindergarten class to make some flowers for me. You would think that I could handle the wedding planning- I've done it at least a dozen times before for other people- but egad, I'm just a wreck. Oh well. It'll all be good in the end. It always is. I just have to remember that it really isn't about the wedding, it's about the marriage and that I've got myself one wonderful guy. He's full of integrity, faithfulness, love and creativity- and while he does chap my fanny sometimes, I just can't imagine being with anyone else....amazing where life takes you sometimes.

This time last year- I was working in a craft store in North Carolina, packing up my home to leave Marty and drive myself and the cats in a U-haul all the way across the country. People are always amazed that I did that. To me, it just needed to be done. But I find that a lot in my life- people tell me I'm "brave" because I just will go when I need to go...I can't imagine being any other way- it's just how I'm wired... I mean, why not go live in Poland for a summer? So what if I don't speak the language- I'll learn..... oy, the things I've done.....ah, but I digress....

The show I've just designed costumes for is currently in the middle of it's first paid preview- seems to be going well as I listen to the audience reaction from the monitor in my office. I should mention I am a Costume Designer and Costume Shop Manager- it only took being out of graduate school for 10 years to actually get a job doing what I trained for and actually make enough money to live on. It's nothing short of a miracle- seriously- God opened a door, I walked through it- and drove the Uhaul across the country. I am constantly amazed at how interested He is in the details of my life. There will be more pondering of my faith and revelation in future blogs- but I am going to publish this to introduce myself and see what happens....so TTFN

1 comment:

What Would Jesus Glue? said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, my love. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
-The One Who Chaps Your Fanny